演讲稿具有逻辑严密,态度明确,观点鲜明的特点。在不断进步的社会中,接触并使用演讲稿的'人越来越多,大家知道演讲稿的格式吗?奇文共欣赏,疑义相如析,下面是可爱的编辑为大家整编的ted演讲稿2023优秀10篇,仅供参考,希望可以帮助到有需要的朋友。
ted英语演讲稿 篇一
We've all been taught that we should help people. It is the right thing to do and will make us popular with others. It may even win us favors in return. However, we must be realistic. We can't say yes to every request. If we did, we would fail or go crazy for sure. Sometimes we simply don't have the time to help. In this case, we must know how to say no politely.
When we need to say no, here is one method we can try. First, we should tell the truth. If we really can't do something, we should just say so. Second, we should remember to refuse requests politely. We must communicate clearly, but must also be sincere and sympathetic. A true friend will understand. Finally, we must not feel guilty about saying no. Sometimes refusing others is the right thing to do. It can save ourselves, and them, a lot of trouble. In short, we cannot please everyone all the time. Refusing favors is a part of life.
from cancer, a cancer that can’t becured. He was 18 years old …小编 www.paomian.net…and he could die anytime. All his life, he was stuckin his house being taken cared by his mother. He never went outside but he wassick of staying home and wanted to go out for once. So he asked his mother andshe gave him permission.
He walked down his block and found a lot of stores. He passed a CD storeand looked through the front door for a second as he walked. He stopped and wentback to look into the store. He saw a beautiful girl about his age and he knewit was love at first sight. He opened the door and walked in, not looking atanything else but her. He walked closer and closer until he was finally at thefront desk where she sat.
She looked up and asked, “Can I help you?
She smiled and he thought it was the most beautiful smile he has ever seenbefore and wanted to kiss her right there.
He said, “Uh... Yeah... Umm... I would like to buy a CD.
He picked one out and gave her money for it.
“Would you like me to wrap it for you? she asked, smiling her cute smileagain.
He nodded and she went to the back. She came back with the wrapped CD andgave it to him. He took it and walked out of the store.
He went home and from then on, he went to that store every day and bought aCD, and she wrapped it for him. He took the CD home and put it in his closet. Hewas still too shy to ask her out and he really wanted to but he couldn’t. Hismother found out about this and told him to just ask her. So the next day, hetook all his courage and went to the store as usual. He bought a CD like he didevery day and once again she went to the back of the store and came back with itwrapped. He took it and when she wasn’t looking, he left his phone number on thedesk and ran out...
RRRRRING!!!
One day the phone rang, and the mother picked it up and said, “Hello?
It was the girl!!! The mother started to cry and said, “You don’t know? Hepassed away yesterday...
The line was quiet except for the cries of the boy’s mother. Later in theday, the mother went into the boy’s room because she wanted to remember him. Shethought she would start by looking at his clothes. So she opened the closet.
She was face to face with piles and piles and piles of unopened CDs. Shewas surprised to find all these CDs and she picked one up and sat down on thebed and she started to open one. Inside, there was a CD and as she took it outof the wrapper, out fell a piece of paper. The mother picked it up and startedto read it. It said: Hi... I think U R really cute. Do u wanna go out with me?Love, Jocelyn.
The mother was deeply moved and opened another CD...
Again there was a piece of paper. It said: Hi... I think U R really cute.Do u wanna go out with me? Love, Jocelyn.
Love is... when you’ve had a huge fight but then decide to put aside youregos, hold hands and say, “I Love You.
ted演讲稿 篇二
拥抱他人,拥抱自己
embracing otherness. when i first heard this theme, i thought, well,embracing otherness is embracing myself. and the journey to that place ofunderstanding and acceptance has been an interesting one for me, and it's givenme an insight into the whole notion of self, which i think is worth sharing withyou today.
拥抱他类。当我第一次听说这个主题时,我心想,拥抱他类不就是拥抱自己吗。我个人懂得理解和接受他类的经历很有趣,让我对于“自己”这个词也有了新的认识,我想今天在这里和你们分享下我的心得体会。
we each have a self, but i don't think that we're born with one. you knowhow newborn babies believe they're part of everything; they're not separate?well that fundamental sense of oneness is lost on us very quickly. it's likethat initial stage is over -- oneness: infancy, unformed, primitive. it's nolonger valid or real. what is real is separateness, and at some point in earlybabyhood, the idea of self starts to form. our little portion of oneness isgiven a name, is told all kinds of things about itself, and these details,opinions and ideas become facts, which go towards building ourselves, ouridentity. and that self becomes the vehicle for navigating our social world. butthe self is a projection based on other people's projections. is it who wereally are? or who we really want to be, or should be?
我们每个人都有个自我,但并不是生来就如此的。你知道新生的宝宝们觉得他们是任何东西的一部分,而不是分裂的个体。这种本源上的“天人合一”感在我们出生后很快就不见了,就好像我们人生的第一个篇章--和谐统一:婴儿,未成形,原始--结束了。它们似幻似影,而现实的世界是孤独彼此分离的。而在孩童期的某段时间,我们开始形成自我这个观点。宇宙中的小小个体有了自己的名字,有了自己的过去等等各种信息。这些关于自己的细节,看法和观点慢慢变成事实,成为我们身份的一部分。而那个自我,也变成我们人生路上前行的导航仪。然后,这个所谓的自我,是他人自我的映射,还是我们真实的自己呢?我们究竟想成为什么样,应该成为什么样的呢?
so this whole interaction with self and identity was a very difficult onefor me growing up. the self that i attempted to take out into the world wasrejected over and over again. and my panic at not having a self that fit, andthe confusion that came from my self being rejected, created an_iety, shame andhopelessness, which kind of defined me for a long time. but in retrospect, thedestruction of my self was so repetitive that i started to see a pattern. theself changed, got affected, broken, destroyed, but another one would evolve --sometimes stronger, sometimes hateful, sometimes not wanting to be there at all.the self was not constant. and how many times would my self have to die before irealized that it was never alive in the first place?
这个和自我打交道,寻找自己身份的过程在我的成长记忆中一点都不容易。我想成为的那些“自我”不断被否定再否定,而我害怕自己无法融入周遭的环境,因被否定而引起的困惑让我变得更加忧虑,感到羞耻和无望,在很长一段时间就是我存在状态。然而回头看,对自我的解构是那么频繁,以至于我发现了这样一种规律。自我是变化的,受他人影响,分裂或被打败,而另一个自我会产生,这个自我可能更坚强,可能更可憎,有时你也不想变成那样。所谓自我不是固定不变的。而我需要经历多少次自我的破碎重生才会明白其实自我从来没有存在过?
i grew up on the coast of england in the '70s. my dad is white fromcornwall, and my mom is black from zimbabwe. even the idea of us as a family waschallenging to most people. but nature had its wicked way, and brown babies wereborn. but from about the age of five, i was aware that i didn't fit. i was theblack atheist kid in the all-white catholic school run by nuns. i was ananomaly, and my self was rooting around for definition and trying to plug in.because the self likes to fit, to see itself replicated, to belong. thatconfirms its e_istence and its importance. and it is important. it has ane_tremely important function. without it, we literally can't interface withothers. we can't hatch plans and climb that stairway of popularity, of success.but my skin color wasn't right. my hair wasn't right. my history wasn't right.my self became defined by otherness, which meant that, in that social world, ididn't really e_ist. and i was "other" before being anything else -- even beforebeing a girl. i was a noticeable nobody.
我在70年代英格兰海边长大,我的父亲是康沃尔的白人,母亲是津巴布韦的黑人。而想象我和父母是一家人对于其他人来说总是不太自然。自然有它自己的魔术,棕色皮肤的宝宝诞生了。但从我五岁开始,我就有种感觉我不是这个群体的。我是一个全白人天主教会学校里面黑皮肤无神论小孩。我与他人是不同的,而那个热衷于归属的自我却到处寻找方式寻找归属感。这种认同感让自我感受到存在感和重要性,因此十分重要。这点是如此重要,如果没有自我,我们根本无法与他人沟通。没有它,我们无所适从,无法获取成功或变得受人欢迎。但我的肤色不对,我的头发不对,我的过去不对,我的一切都是另类定义的,在这个社会里,我其实并不真实存在。我首先是个异类,其次才是个女孩。我是可见却毫无意义的人。
another world was opening up around this time: performance and dancing.that nagging dread of self-hood didn't e_ist when i was dancing. i'd literallylose myself. and i was a really good dancer. i would put all my emotionale_pression into my dancing. i could be in the movement in a way that i wasn'table to be in my real life, in myself.
这时候,另一个世界向我敞开了大门:舞蹈表演。那种关于自我的唠叨恐惧在舞蹈时消失了,我放开四肢,也成为了一位不错的舞者。我将所有的情绪都融入到舞蹈的动作中去,我可以在舞蹈中与自己相溶,尽管在现实生活中却无法做到。
and at 16, i stumbled across another opportunity, and i earned my firstacting role in a film. i can hardly find the words to describe the peace i feltwhen i was acting. my dysfunctional self could actually plug in to another self,not my own, and it felt so good. it was the first time that i e_isted inside afully-functioning self -- one that i controlled, that i steered, that i gavelife to. but the shooting day would end, and i'd return to my gnarly, awkwardself.
16岁的时候,我遇到了另一个机会,第一部参演的电影。我无法用语言来表达在演戏的时候我所感受到的平和,我无处着落的自我可以与那个角色融为一体,而不是我自己。那感觉真棒。这是第一次我感觉到我拥有一个自我,我可以驾驭,令其富有盛名的自我。然而当拍摄结束,我又会回到自己粗糙不明,笨拙的自我。
by 19, i was a fully-fledged movie actor, but still searching fordefinition. i applied to read anthropology at university. dr. phyllis lee gaveme my interview, and she asked me, "how would you define race?" well, i thoughti had the answer to that one, and i said, "skin color." "so biology, genetics?"she said. "because, thandie, that's not accurate. because there's actually moregenetic difference between a black kenyan and a black ugandan than there isbetween a black kenyan and, say, a white norwegian. because we all stem fromafrica. so in africa, there's been more time to create genetic diversity." inother words, race has no basis in biological or scientific fact. on the onehand, result. right? on the other hand, my definition of self just lost a hugechunk of its credibility. but what was credible, what is biological andscientific fact, is that we all stem from africa -- in fact, from a woman calledmitochondrial eve who lived 160,000 years ago. and race is an illegitimateconcept which our selves have created based on fear and ignorance.
19岁的时候,我已经是富有经验的专业电影演员,而我还是在寻找自我的定义。我申请了大学的人类学专业。phyllislee博士面试了我,她问我:“你怎么定义种族?”我觉得我很了解这个话题,我说:“肤色。”“那么生物上来说呢,例如遗传基因?”她说,“thandie肤色并不全面,其实一个肯尼亚黑人和乌干达黑人之间基因差异比一个肯尼亚黑人和挪威白人之间差异要更多。因为我们都是从非洲来的,所以在非洲,基因变异演化的时间是最久的。”换句话说,种族在生物学或任何科学上都没有事实根据。另一方面,我对于自我的定义瞬时失去了一大片基础。但那就是生物学事实,我们都是非洲后裔,一位在160 0__年前的伟大女性mitochondrialeve的后人。而种族这个无效的概念是我们基于恐惧和无知自己捏造出来的。
strangely, these revelations didn't cure my low self-esteem, that feelingof otherness. my desire to disappear was still very powerful. i had a degreefrom cambridge; i had a thriving career, but my self was a car crash, and iwound up with bulimia and on a therapist's couch. and of course i did. i stillbelieved my self was all i was. i still valued self-worth above all other worth,and what was there to suggest otherwise? we've created entire value systems anda physical reality to support the worth of self. look at the industry forself-image and the jobs it creates, the revenue it turns over. we'd be right inassuming that the self is an actual living thing. but it's not. it's aprojection which our clever brains create in order to cheat ourselves from thereality of death.
奇怪的是,这个发现并没有治好我的自卑,那种被排挤的感觉。我还是那么强烈地想要离开消失。我从剑桥拿到了学位,我有份充满发展的工作,然而我的自我还是一团糟,我得了催吐病不得不接受治疗师的帮助。我还是相信自我是我的全部。我还是坚信“自我”的价值甚过一切。而且我们身处的世界就是如此,我们的整个价值系统和现实环境都是在服务“自我”的价值。看看不同行业里面对于自我的塑造,看看它们创造的那些工作,产出的那些利润。我们甚至必须相信自我是真实存在的。但它们不是,自我不过是我们聪明的脑袋假想出来骗自己不去思考死亡这个话题的幌子。
but there is something that can give the self ultimate and infiniteconnection -- and that thing is oneness, our essence. the self's struggle forauthenticity and definition will never end unless it's connected to its creator-- to you and to me. and that can happen with awareness -- awareness of thereality of oneness and the projection of self-hood. for a start, we can thinkabout all the times when we do lose ourselves. it happens when i dance, when i'macting. i'm earthed in my essence, and my self is suspended. in those moments,i'm connected to everything -- the ground, the air, the sounds, the energy fromthe audience. all my senses are alert and alive in much the same way as aninfant might feel -- that feeling of oneness.
但其实我们的终极自我其实是我们的本源,合一。挣扎自我是否真实,究竟是什么永远没有终结,除非它和赋予它意义的创造者合一,就是你和我。而这点当我们意识到现实是你中有我,我中有你,和谐统一,而自我是种假象时就会体会到了。我们可以想想,什么时候我们是身心统一的,例如说我跳舞,表演的时候,我和我的本源连结,而我的自我被抛在一边。那时,我和身边的一切--空气,大地,声音,观众的反馈都连结在一起。我的知觉是敏锐和鲜活的,就像初生的婴儿那样,合一。
and when i'm acting a role, i inhabit another self, and i give it life forawhile, because when the self is suspended so is divisiveness and judgment. andi've played everything from a vengeful ghost in the time of slavery to secretaryof state in __. and no matter how other these selves might be, they're allrelated in me. and i honestly believe the key to my success as an actor and myprogress as a person has been the very lack of self that used to make me feel soan_ious and insecure. i always wondered why i could feel others' pain so deeply,why i could recognize the somebody in the nobody. it's because i didn't have aself to get in the way. i thought i lacked substance, and the fact that i couldfeel others' meant that i had nothing of myself to feel. the thing that was asource of shame was actually a source of enlightenment.
当我在演戏的时候,我让另一个自我住在我体内,我代表它行动。当我的自我被抛开,紧随的分歧和主观判断也消失了。我曾经扮演过奴隶时代的复仇鬼魂,也扮演过__年的国务卿。不管他们这些自我是怎样的,他们都在那时与我相连。而我也深信作为演员,我的成功,或是作为个体,我的成长都是源于我缺乏“自我”,那种缺乏曾经让我非常忧虑和不安。我总是不明白为什么我会那么深地感受到他人的痛苦,为什么我可以从不知名的人身上看出他人的印痕。是因为我没有所谓的自我来左右我感受的信息吧。我以为我缺少些什么,我以为我对他人的理解是因为我缺乏自我。那个曾经是我深感羞耻的东西其实是种启示。
and when i realized and really understood that my self is a projection andthat it has a function, a funny thing happened. i stopped giving it so muchauthority. i give it its due. i take it to therapy. i've become very familiarwith its dysfunctional behavior. but i'm not ashamed of my self. in fact, irespect my self and its function. and over time and with practice, i've tried tolive more and more from my essence. and if you can do that, incredible thingshappen.
当我真的理解我的自我不过是种映射,是种工具,一件奇怪的事情发生了。我不再让它过多控制我的生活。我学习管理它,像把它带去看医生一样,我很熟悉那些因自我而失调的举动。我不因自我而羞耻,事实上,我很尊敬我的自我和它的功能。而随着时间过去,我的技术也更加熟练,我可以更多的和我的本源共存。如果你愿意尝试,不可以思议的事情也会发生在你身上。
i was in congo in february, dancing and celebrating with women who'vesurvived the destruction of their selves in literally unthinkable ways --destroyed because other brutalized, psychopathic selves all over that beautifulland are fueling our selves' addiction to ipods, pads, and bling, which furtherdisconnect ourselves from ever feeling their pain, their suffering, their death.because, hey, if we're all living in ourselves and mistaking it for life, thenwe're devaluing and desensitizing life. and in that disconnected state, yeah, wecan build factory farms with no windows, destroy marine life and use rape as aweapon of war. so here's a note to self: the cracks have started to show in ourconstructed world, and oceans will continue to surge through the cracks, and oiland blood, rivers of it.
今年二月,我在刚果和一群女性一起跳舞和庆祝,她们都是经历过各种无法想象事情“自我”遍体鳞伤的人们,那些备受摧残,心理变态的自我充斥在这片美丽的土地,而我们仍痴迷地追逐着ipod,pad等各种闪亮的东西,将我们与他们的痛苦,死亡隔得更远。如果我们各自生活在自我中,并无以为这就是生活,那么我们是在贬低和远离生命的意义。在这种脱节的状态中,我们是可以建设没有窗户的工厂,破坏海洋生态,将__作为战争的工具。为我们的自我做个解释:这是看似完善的世界里的裂痕,海洋,河流,石油和鲜血正不断地从缝中涌出。
crucially, we haven't been figuring out how to live in oneness with theearth and every other living thing. we've just been insanely trying to figureout how to live with each other -- billions of each other. only we're not livingwith each other; our crazy selves are living with each other and perpetuating anepidemic of disconnection.
关键的是,我们还没有明白如何和自然以及其他所有生物和谐地共处。我们只是疯狂地想和其他人沟通,几十亿其他人。只有当我们不在和世界合一的时候,我们疯狂的自我却互相怜惜,并永远继续这场相互隔绝的疫症。
let's live with each other and take it a breath at a time. if we can getunder that heavy self, light a torch of awareness, and find our essence, ourconnection to the infinite and every other living thing. we knew it from the daywe were born. let's not be freaked out by our bountiful nothingness. it's more areality than the ones our selves have created. imagine what kind of e_istence wecan have if we honor inevitable death of self, appreciate the privilege of lifeand marvel at what comes ne_t. simple awareness is where it begins.
让我们共生共荣,并不要太过激进着急。试着放下沉重的自我,点亮知觉的火把,寻找我们的本源,我们与万事万物之间的联系。我们初生时就懂得这个道理的。不要被我们内心丰富的空白吓到,这比我们虚构的自我要真实。想象如果你能接受自我并不存在,你想要如何生活,感恩生命的可贵和未来的惊奇。简单的觉醒就是开始。
thank you for listening.
(applause) 谢谢。
ted英语演讲稿 篇三
As a popular saying goes, "Time is money." But does time definitely mean money? I don't think so. First of all, time is more precious than money. When money is spent, you can earn it back if you want to. However,when time is gone,it will never come back. To some extent, time is priceless. Second, not all time can be turned into money in the end. Some persons are idling all the time. Their time is just for wasting, not for earning money. They will end in nothing at last. So be sure to remember that time can be turned into money only with hardwork involved in it.
TED演讲稿 篇四
Hi. I'm here to talk to you about the importance of praise, admiration and thank you, and having it be specific and genuine.
嗨。我在这里要和大家谈谈 向别人表达赞美,倾佩和谢意的重要性。 并使它们听来真诚,具体。
And the way I got interested in this was, I noticed in myself, when I was growing up, and until about a few years ago, that I would want to say thank you to someone, I would want to praise them, I would want to take in their praise of me and I'd just stop it. And I asked myself, whyI felt shy, I felt embarrassed. And then my question became, am I the only one who does thisSo, I decided to investigate.
之所以我对此感兴趣 是因为我从我自己的成长中注意到 几年前, 当我想要对某个人说声谢谢时, 当我想要赞美他们时, 当我想接受他们对我的赞扬, 但我却没有说出口。 我问我自己,这是为什么? 我感到害羞,我感到尴尬。 接着我产生了一个问题 难道我是唯一一个这么做的人吗? 所以我决定做些探究。
I'm fortunate enough to work in the facility, so I get to see people who are facing life and death with addiction. And sometimes it comes down to something as simple as, their core wound is their father died without ever saying he's proud of them. But then, they hear from all the family and friends that the father told everybody else that he was proud of him, but he never told the son. It's because he didn't know that his son needed to hear it.
我非常幸运的在一家康复中心工作, 所以我可以看到那些因为上瘾而面临生与死的人。 有时候这一切可以非常简单地归结为, 他们最核心的创伤来自于他们父亲到死都未说过“他为他们而自豪”。 但他们从所有其它家庭或朋友那里得知 他的父亲告诉其他人为他感到自豪, 但这个父亲从没告诉过他儿子。 因为他不知道他的儿子需要听到这一切。
So my question is, why don't we ask for the things that we needI know a gentleman, married for 25 years, who's longing to hear his wife say, "Thank you for being the breadwinner, so I can stay home with the kids," but won't ask. I know a woman who's good at this. She, once a week, meets with her husband and says, "I'd really like you to thank me for all these things I did in the house and with the kids." And he goes, "Oh, this is great, this is great." And praise really does have to be genuine, but she takes responsibility for that. And a friend of mine, April, who I've had since kindergarten, she thanks her children for doing their 。 And she said, "Why wouldn't I thank it, even though they're supposed to do it"
因此我的问题是,为什么我们不索求我们需要的东西呢? 我认识一个结婚25年的男士 渴望听到他妻子说, “感谢你为这个家在外赚钱,这样我才能在家陪伴着孩子,” 但他从来不
去问。 我认识一个精于此道的女士。 每周一次,她见到丈夫后会说, “我真的希望你为我对这个家和孩子们付出的努力而感谢我。” 他会应和到“哦,真是太棒了,真是太棒了。” 赞扬别人一定要真诚, 但她对赞美承担了责任。 一个从我上幼儿园就一直是朋友的叫April的人, 她会感谢她的孩子们做了家务。 她说:“为什么我不表示感谢呢,即使他们本来就要做那些事情?”
So, the question is, why was I blocking itWhy were other people blocking itWhy can I say, "I'll take my steak , I need size six shoes," but I won't say, "Would you praise me this way" And it's because I'm giving you critical data about me. I'm telling you where I'm insecure. I'm telling you where I need your help. And I'm treating you, my inner circle, like you're the enemy. Because what can you do with that dataYou could neglect me. You could abuse it. Or you could actually meet my need.
因此我的问题是,为什么我不说呢? 为什么其它人不说呢? 为什么我能说:“我要一块中等厚度的牛排, 我需要6号尺寸的鞋子,” 但我却不能说:“你可以赞扬我吗?” 因为这会使我把我的重要信息与你分享。 会让我告诉了你我内心的不安。 会让你认为我需要你的帮助。 虽然你是我最贴心的人, 我却把你当作是敌人。 你会用我托付给你的重要信息做些什么呢? 你可以忽视我。 你可以滥用它。 或者你可以满足我的要求。
And I took my bike into the bike store-- I love this -- same bike, and they'd do something called "truing" the wheels. The guy said, "You know, when you true the wheels, it's going to make the bike so much better." I get the same bike back, and they've taken all the little warps out of those same wheels I've had for two and a half years, and my bike is like new. So, I'm going to challenge all of you. I want you to true your wheels: be honest about the praise that you need to hear. What do you need to hearGo home to your wife -- go ask her, what does she needGo home to your husband -- what does he needGo home and ask those questions, and then help the people around you.
我把我的`自行车拿到车行--我喜欢这么做-- 同样的自行车,他们会对车轮做整形。 那里的人说:“当你对车轮做整形时, 它会使自行车变成更好。” 我把这辆自行车拿回来, 他们把有小小弯曲的铁丝从轮子上拿走 这辆车我用了2年半,现在还像新的一样。 所以我要问在场的所有人, 我希望你们把你们的车轮整形一下: 真诚面对对你们想听到的赞美。 你们想听到什么呢? 回家问问你们的妻子,她想听到什么? 回家问问你们的丈夫,他想听到什么? 回家问问这些问题,并帮助身边的人实现它们。
And it's simple. And why should we care about thisWe talk about world peace. How can we have world peace with different cultures, different languagesI think it starts household by household, under the same roof. So, let's make it right in our own backyard. And I want to thank all of you in the audience for
being great husbands, great mothers, friends, daughters, sons. And maybe somebody's never said that to you, but you've done a really, really good job. And thank you for being here, just showing up and changing the world with your ideas.
非常简单。 为什么要关心这个呢? 我们谈论世界和平。 我们怎么用不同的文化,不同的语言来保持世界和平? 我想要从每个小家庭开始。 所以让我们在家里就把这件事情做好。 我想要感谢所有在这里的人们 因为你们是好丈夫,好母亲, 好伙伴,好女儿和好儿子。 或许有些人从没跟你们说过 但你们已经做得非常非常得出色了。
界显示着你们的智慧,并用它们改变着世界。 感谢你们来到这里, 向世
ted演讲稿 篇五
I grew up diagnosed as phobically shy,
我从小就有社交恐惧症
and like at least 20 other people in a room of this size,
这样的空间 大约20人
I was a stutterer.
就能让以前的我结巴语塞
Do you dare raise your hand?
更别提举手了 根本不可能
And it sticks with us.
这种困扰如影随形
It really does stick with us,
你走到哪 它就跟到哪
because when we are treated that way,
当大家对你的存在视若无睹
we feel invisible sometimes,
你会开始感觉自己是隐形人
or talked around and at.
而别人都在你背后窃窃私语
And as I started to look at people,
后来我仔细去观察周遭的人
which is mostly all I did,
一直以来我都只敢默默观察
I noticed that some people really wanted attention
然后发现有些人无法忍受被忽视
and recognition.
他们要得到大家的注意力和认同
Remember, I was young then.
当时我年轻、懵懂
So what did they do? What we still do perhaps too often?
渴望注意力的人会做什么? 也许现在太多人在做一样的事而不自知
We talk about ourselves.
他们谈论的常常都是自己
And yet there are other people I observed who had what I called a mutualitymindset.
但另一批人就不同了 我说他们的人际关系 往往有一种“互相”的心态
In each situation, they found a way to talk about us and create that “us”idea.
无论什么场合 他们的谈话里都会出现“我们”这个概念
So my idea to reimagine the world is to see it one where we all becomegreater opportunity-makers with and for others.
在我心目中的理想世界 每个人都能为自己和别人创造机会
There’s no greater opportunity or call for action for us now
就是现在 我们必须把握良机、采取行动
than to become opportunity-makers who use best talents together more oftenfor the greater good
多去整合各种才能 尽可能的利益他人
and accomplish things we couldn’t have done on our own.
一人做不到的 多人或许有办法
And I want to talk to you about that,
这就是我今天的重点
cause even more than giving,
比单纯给予
even more than giving,
施舍、捐赠更有影响力的
is the capacity for us to do something smarter together
就是人们学会集思广益
for the greater good that lifts us both up
共同合作 创造双赢局面
and that can scale.
其中的利益会一层层积累
That’s why I’m sitting here.
这是我今天演讲的重点
But I also want to point something else out.
不过我还想说一件事
Each one of you is better than anybody else at something.
台下的你必定在某些事上比其他人都拿手
That disproves that popular notion that if you’re the smartest person inthe room,
和那句名言“你绝不是这里最厉害的人”
you’re in the wrong room.
恰恰相反
So let me tell you about a Hollywood party I went to a couple yearsback,
我在几年前的一个好莱坞聚会上
and I met this up-and-coming actress,
遇见了位有潜力的女演员
and we were soon talking about something that we both felt passionatelyabout,
我们很快就找到共同话题-
public art.
公共艺术
And she had the fervent belief that every new building in Los Angeles
她坚信洛杉矶的每栋建筑里
should have public art in it. She wanted a regulation for it,
都应该有公共艺术 她想要一套专属公共艺术的规范
and she fervently started,
所以她兴忡忡的着手进行
What is here from Chicago?
这里有谁是芝加哥人吗?
She fervently started talking about these bean-shaped reflective sculpturesin Millennium Park,
她滔滔不绝的说着千禧公园里的云门雕塑
and people would walk up to it
人们好奇的上前一探究竟
and they’d smile in the reflection of it,
看着自己的映像微笑
and they’d pose and they’d vamp and they’d take selfies together
摆pose、赞叹、自拍留念
and they’d laugh.
然后笑成一团
And as she was talking, a thought came to my mind.
听着听着 我突然灵光乍现
I said, “I know someone you ought to meet.
我告诉她: “妳应该见见这个人
He’s getting out of San Quentin in a couple of weeks
再几周他就要从圣昆丁州立监狱出来了
and he shares your fervent desire that art should engage and enable peopleto connect.”
他跟妳一样 觉得艺术应该让人有共鸣、激发想像力”
He spent five years in solitary,
他被单独监禁了五年
and I met him because I gave a speech at San Quentin,
我因为在圣昆丁演讲 而与他结识
and he’s articulate
他口条不错
and he’s rather easy on the eyes
长的也不赖
because he’s buff. He had workout regime he did everyday.
因为他是条热爱健身的汉子
I think she was following me at that point.
女演员大概还满有兴趣的
I said, “he’d be an une_pected ally.”
我又说: “他会是个得力助手”
And not just that. There’s James. He’s an architect
除了他之外 我把詹姆也拉进来 詹姆是建筑师
and he’s a professor,
也是个教授
and he loves place-making, and place-making is when you have thosemini-plazas
他对地方营造很有兴趣 外头的小广场、
and those urban walkways
城市人行道
and where they’re dotted with art,
任何有艺术点缀的地方 都属于地方营造的范畴
where people draw and come up and talk sometimes.
许多人会在那儿画画、闲聊
I think they’d make good allies.
我想他们一定能合作无间
And indeed they were.
果真没错
They met together. They prepared.
他们碰面之后 就开始筹备
They spoke in front of the Lost Angeles City Council.
到洛杉矶市政府传达诉求
And the council members not only passed the regulation,
结果市议员通过了他们订的条例
half of them came down and asked to pose with them afterwards.
之后甚至半数议员还去与艺术品合影
They were startling, compelling and credible.
他们给人的印象是震慑、具说服力、可靠
You can’t buy that.
全都是用钱买不到的
What I’m asking you to consider is what kind of opportunity-makers we mightbecome,
希望各位想想自己能成为哪种机会制造者
because more than wealth
比财富、
or fancy titles
头衔、
or a lot of contacts,
人脉更可观的
it’s our capacity to connect around each other’s better side and bring itout.
是我们发掘他人优点的能力
And I’m not saying this is easy,
这一点都不容易
and I’m sure many of you have made the wrong moves too about who you wantedto connect with,
相信许多人都有找错对象、牵错线的经验
but what I want to suggest is, this is an opportunity.
但毕竟都是个“机会”
I started thinking about it way back when I was a Wall Street Journalreporter and I was in Europe
这个领悟要从好几年前说起 当时我在欧洲 担任华尔街日报记者
and I was supposed to cover trends and trends that transcended business orpolitics or lifestyle.
采访内容为时尚与流行 跨越商业、政治、生活型态隔阂的流行
So I had to have contacts in different worlds very different than mine,
因此得和背景截然不同的人打交道
because otherwise you couldn’t spot the trends.
否则就无法掌握潮流走向
And third, I had to write a story in a way stepping into the reader’sshoes,
写故事时 还得设身处地为读者想
they could see how these trends could affect their lives.
要让他们觉得自己和这些潮流息息相关
That’s what opportunity-makers do.
这就是机会制造者的任务
And here’s a strange thing:
奇怪之处在于
Unlike an increasing number of Americans who are working and living andplaying with people who think e_actly like them
越来越多人工作、生活、娱乐都喜欢寻找与自己相似的人
because we then become more rigid and e_treme,
久而久之就变得挑剔、极端起来
opportunity-makers are actively seeking situations with people unlikethem,
机会制造者寻找与自己不相似的人
and they’re building relationships,
和他们建立关系
and because they do that,
这样做的话
they have trusted relationships where they can bring the right team in
两方之间就有互信 能在适当的时机介绍彼此适当的人
and recruit them to solve a problem better and faster and seize moreopportunities.
用更快、更好的方法解决问题 同时也抓住了更多机会
They’re not affronted by differences.
机会创造者不会被歧异冒犯
They’re fascinated by them,
反而深受吸引
and that is a huge shift in mindset,
这是心态上的极端不同
and once you feel it, you want it to happen a lot more.
你一旦意识到 就会为它的魅力着迷
This world is calling out for us to have a collective mindset,
和别人形成“共同体”才是王道
and I believe in doing that.
我个人深信
It’s especially important now.
携手合作在这世代特别重要
Why is it important now?
为什么呢?
Because things can be devised like drones
机器小帮手
and drugs and data collection,
药物开发、数据收集
and they can be devised by more people.
都可以让更多人参与其中
and cheaper ways for beneficial purposes
用更经济的方式创造收益
and then, as we know from the news every day, they can be used fordangerous ones.
只是水能载舟 亦能复舟 也可能被有心人士利用
It calls on us, each of us, to a higher calling.
这个理念非常需要大家的重视
But here’s the icing on the cake:
成为机会制造者是一箭双雕
It’s not just the first opportunity that you do with somebody else that’sprobably your greatest,
除了获得和更高竿对象合作的机会
as an institution or an individual.
无论对于机构或个人来说
It’s after you’ve had that e_perience and you trust each other.
都是开启了这扇门 建立信任后
It’s the une_pected things that you devise later on you never could havepredicted.
团队合作带来的惊人成果
For e_ample, Marty is the husband of that actress I mentioned,
麦迪是那位女演员的丈夫
and he watched them when they were practicing,
詹姆等三人排练时 他就在旁边看
and he was soon talking to Wally, my friend the e_-con,
并很快和韦利聊开了 就是刚出狱的那位
about that e_ercise regime.
大概在聊健身吧?
And he thought, I have a set of racquetball courts.
麦迪心想: “我有个壁球馆
That guy could teach it. A lot of people who work there are members at mycourts.
韦利可以来当教练 很多教练都是体育馆的会员
They’re frequent travelers.
他们很常来我这边
They could practice in their hotel room, no equipment provided.
旅馆房间里没有设备 也照样能练习”
That’s how Wally got hired.
韦利就这样得到了板球教练的工作
Not only that, years later he was also teaching racquetball.
几年后他也开始教壁球学生
Years after that, he was teaching the racquetball teachers.
再过了几年则是教壁球老师
What I’m suggesting is, when you connect with people
我想说的是 当你把周遭有相同兴趣、
around a shared interest and action,
喜好的人圈在一块
you’re accustomed to serendipitous things happening into the future,
就会逐渐适应随之而来、意想不到的收获
and I think that’s what we’re looking at.
我想这才是至关重要
We open ourselves up to those opportunities,
面对机会 我们敞开心胸
and in this room are key players and technology,
关键推手-这里的你们 再加上科技
key players who are uniquely positioned to do this,
每个人各司其职 有自己的位置
to scale systems and projects together.
提升制度和计划的整体价值
So here’s what I’m calling for you to do. Remember the three traits ofopportunity-makers.
我想拜讬大家的 就是记得机会制造者的三项特质
Opportunity-makers keep honing their top strength
一、机会制造者不断磨练自己专长
and they become pattern seekers.
开拓事物运作的新方式
They get involved in different worlds than their worlds
二、他们乐于接触不同人的世界
so they’re trusted and they can see those patterns,
获取信任 学习各种合作方式
and they communicate to connect around sweet spots of shared interest.
三、他们周旋于各方之间 让参与的人都分一杯羹
So what I’m asking you is, the world is hungry.
我想说的是 人与人之间太缺乏连结
I truly believe, in my firsthand e_perience,
根据亲身经验 我相信
the world is hungry for us to unite together as opportunity-makers
这世界很需要机会制造者
and to emulate those behaviors as so many of you already do, I know thatfirsthand,
可能台下的你已经是其中之一 大家都应该效仿机会制造者
and to reimagine a world where we use our best talents together
重塑我们的世界 融合各领域人才
more often to accomplish greater thing together than we could on ourown.
一人不能做的事 借由合作来完成
Just remember,
请把这句话放在心上
as Dave Liniger once said,
大卫˙林杰说过
“You can’t succeed coming to the potluck with only a fork.”
“只带一只叉子就来百乐餐的人 永远无法成功”(注: 后衍伸为商业成长需要集体合作、贡献)
Thank you very much.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
谢谢。
经典TED英语演讲稿 篇六
I said, "You're thinking about this just way too early." But the point is that what happens once you start kind of quietly leaning back? Everyone who's been through this — and I'm here to tell you, once you have a child at home, your job better be really good to go back, because it's hard to leave that kid at home. Your job needs to be challenging. It needs to be rewarding. You need to feel like you're making a difference. And if two years ago you didn't take a promotion and some guy next to you did, if three years ago you stopped looking for new opportunities,you're going to be bored because you should have kept your foot on the gas pedal. Don't leave before you leave. Stay in. Keep your foot on the gas pedal, until the very day you need to leave to take a break for a child — and then make your decisions. Don't make decisions too far in advance, particularly ones you're not even conscious you're making.
经典TED英语演讲稿 篇七
Years later, I was on my second teaching round in a Melbourne high school, and I was about 20 minutes into a year 11 legal studies class when this boy put up his hand and said, "Hey miss, when are you going to start doing your speech?" And I said, "What speech?" You know, I'd been talking them about defamation law for a good 20 minutes. And he said, "You know, like, your motivational speaking. You know, when people in wheelchairs come to school, they usually say, like, inspirational stuff?" "It's usually in the big hall." And that's when it dawned on me: This kid had only ever experienced disabled
people as objects of inspiration. We are not, to this kid -- and it's not his fault, I mean, that's true for many of us. For lots of us, disabled people are not our teachers or our doctors or our manicurists. We're not real people. We are there to inspire. And in fact, I am sitting on this stage looking like I do in this wheelchair, and you are probably kind of expecting me to inspire you. Right? (Laughter) Yeah.
ted演讲稿 篇八
How people achieve their dreams
When we think about the dreams we have, and the dent we want to leave in the universe.it is striking to see how big of an overlap there is.between the dreams that we have and projects that never happen.so I’m here to talk you today about five ways how not to follow your dreams.
One :Believe in overnight success.you know the story, rightThe tech guy built a mobie app and sold it very fast for a lot of money.You know ,the story may seem real,but I bet it’s incomplete.If you go investigate further,the guy has done 30 apps before,and he has done a master’s on the topic,a Ph.D.He has been working on the topic for 20 years.your overnight success story is always a result of everything you’ve done in your life through that moment.
Two:Believe someone else has the answers for ,people want to help out,rightAll sort of people:your family ,your friends,your business partners,they all have opinions on which path you should take.And let me tell you,go through this pipe.But whenever you go inside,there are other ways you have to pick as well.And you need to make those decisions one else has the perfect answers for your life.And you need to keep picking those decisions,rightThe pipes are infinite and you’re going to bump your head,and it’s a part of the process.
Three,and it’s very subtle but very important:Decide to settle when growth is guaranteed.So your life is going great,you have put together a great team,and you have growing revenue,and everything is set,time to settle.Even if I did little, sales would be okay. But okay is never okay. When you’re growing towards a peak, you need to work harder than ever and find yourself another peak.Maybe if I did little, a couple hundred thousand people would read it, and that’s great already. But if I work harder than ever, I can bring this number up to millions. And I can already see a higher peak.there’s no time to settle down.
Fourth tip, and that’s really important:Believe the fault is someone else’s. I constantly see people saying, “yes, I had this great idea, but no investor had the vision to invest.” “oh, I created this great product, but the market is so bad,the sales didn’t go well.” Or, I can’t find good talent;my team is so below expectations.” If you have dreams, it’s your responsibility to make them happen. Yes ,it may be hard to find talent. Yes the market may be bad. But if no one invested in your idea,if no one bought your product, for sure,there is something that is your fault. You need to get your dreams and make them happen. And no one achieved their goals alone. But if you didn’t make them happen, it’s your fault and no one else’s. be responsible for your dreams.
And one last tip, and this one is really important as well: Believe that the only things that matter are the dreams themselves. Once I saw an ad , and it was a lot of friends , they were going up a mountain, it was a very high mountain, and it was a lot of work. You could see that they were sweating and this was tough. And they were going up, and they finally made it to the peak. Of course, they decided to celebrate, rightI’m going to celebrate, “yes we made it ,we’re at the top!” two seconds later, one looks at the other and says, “okay let’s go down.” Life is never about the goals themselves. Life is about the journey. Yes, you should enjoy the goals themselves, but people think that you have dreams, and whenever you get to reaching one of those dreams, it’s magical place
where happiness will be all around. But achieving a dream is a momentary sensation, and you life is not. The only way to really achieve all of your dreams is to fully enjoy step of your journey. That’s the best way. And your journey is simple it’s made of step. Some steps will be right on. Sometimes you will trip. If it’s right on, celebrate, because some people wait a lot to celebrate. And if you tripped, turn that into something to learn. If every step becomes something to learn or something to celebrate, you will for sure enjoy the journey.
Believe me, if you do that, you will destroy your dreams.
ted演讲稿 篇九
少年pi的全名叫:派西尼。莫利托。帕特尔,方便起见,就叫他派好了。
派是一个从小生活在动物园的孩子,一次,为了搬去加拿大,派一家与动物们登上了开往大洋彼岸的货船“齐姆楚姆号”。
天有不测风云,在一个风雨交加的早晨,船沉了。睡梦中的人们还不知道发生了什么,就沉入了这蔚蓝色的海洋。只有派与一只斑马,一只红猩猩,一只鬣狗,还有一只名叫理查德。帕克的成年孟加拉虎乘上了救生艇,
弱肉强食的生存法则毫不意外地在这里被印证。
一艘小小的救生艇自然无法满足他们的生存需求,所以自然而然的,鬣狗吃掉了斑马与红猩猩,有被老虎吃掉。只剩下派与理查德。帕克了。
我本以为派也会被老虎吃掉,之后老虎死于缺水,在之后全剧终。可看着剩下200多页纸的厚度,我便打消了这可笑的念头。
不出所料,奇迹发生了。
派与这只孟加拉虎,在这条长仅26英尺的小艇上和谐共存了几个月,直至获救。
看到这里,我不得不对派肃然起敬。他是如此的勇敢,坚强。换做是我,或许早就因老虎的利爪或缺水而死了,但他却能用自己仅有的一切,与一只老虎在一望无边的太平洋上共存,这需要多么强烈的求生意志,多么强大的自信心啊!
在对比一下自己,整日无所事事,得过且过,无抱负无追求,为什么派可以超越自己的极限?我想,是压力的缘故吧。
派的压力来自于死亡,为了生存下来,他可以发挥出自己的全部潜质,是死亡的压力拯救了他。
而我的压力主要来自父母和老师。只要成绩有些进步,就可以说失去了压力,一个失去压力的人一定不会有什么大成就,因为压力就像燃油,是我们前进时不可缺少的动力。没有了动力,我们只能停下,倒退,最终被淘汰。
有压力是好事,但也要适度。就像汽车超速了会被罚款,压力过大了,也会使我们不负重担。只有适当的压力加上灿烂的微笑,美好的未来才会向我们挥手。
所以,朋友们,让我们用双手去拥抱这可爱的压力吧。
无压力,不动力!
ted演讲稿 篇十
I was one of the only kids in college who had a reason to go to the P.O. bo_ at the end of the day, and that was mainly because my mother has never believed in email, in Facebook, in te_ting or cell phones in general. And so while other kids were BBM-ing their parents, I was literally waiting by the mailbo_ to get a letter from home to see how the weekend had gone, which was a little frustrating when Grandma was in the hospital, but I was just looking for some sort of scribble, some unkempt cursive from my mother.
And so when I moved to New York City after college and got completely sucker-punched in the face by depression, I did the only thing I could think of at the time. I wrote those same kinds of letters that my mother had written me for strangers, and tucked them all throughout the city, dozens and dozens of them. I left them everywhere, in cafes and in libraries, at the U.N., everywhere. I blogged about those letters and the days when they were necessary, and I posed a kind of crazy promise to the Internet: that if you asked me for a hand-written letter, I would write you one, no questions asked. Overnight, my inbo_ morphed into this harbor of heartbreak -- a single mother in Sacramento, a girl being bullied in rural Kansas, all asking me, a 22-year-old girl who barely even knew her own coffee order, to write them a love letter and give them a reason to wait by the mailbo_.
Well, today I fuel a global organization that is fueled by those trips to the mailbo_, fueled by the ways in which we can harness social media like never before to write and mail strangers letters when they need them most, but most of all, fueled by crates of mail like this one, my trusty mail crate, filled with the scriptings of ordinary people, strangers writing letters to other strangers not because they're ever going to meet and laugh over a cup of coffee, but because they have found one another by way of letter-writing.
But, you know, the thing that always gets me about these letters is that most of them have been written by people that have never known themselves loved on a piece of paper. They could not tell you about the ink of their own love letters. They're the ones from my generation, the ones of us that have grown up into a world where everything is paperless, and where some of our best conversations have happened upon a screen. We have learned to diary our pain onto Facebook, and we speak swiftly in 140 characters or less.
But what if it's not about efficiency this time? I was on the subway yesterday with this mail crate, which is a conversation starter, let me tell you. If you ever need one, just carry one of these. (Laughter) And a man just stared at me, and he was like, "Well, why don't you use the Internet?" And I thought, "Well, sir, I am not a strategist, nor am I specialist. I am merely a storyteller." And so I could tell you about a woman whose husband has just come home from Afghanistan, and she is having a hard time unearthing this thing called conversation, and so she tucks love letters throughout the house as a way to say, "Come back to me. Find me when you can." Or a girl who decides that she is going to leave love letters around her campus in Dubuque, Iowa, only to find her efforts ripple-effected the ne_t day when she walks out onto the quad and finds love letters hanging from the trees, tucked in the bushes and the benches. Or the man who decides that he is going to take his life, uses Facebook as a way to say goodbye to friends and family. Well, tonight he sleeps safely with a stack of letters just like this one tucked beneath his pillow, scripted by strangers who were there for him when.
These are the kinds of stories that convinced me that letter-writing will never again need to flip back her hair and talk about efficiency, because she is an art form now, all the parts of her, the signing, the scripting, the mailing, the doodles in the margins. The mere fact that somebody would even just sit down, pull out a piece of paper and think about someone the whole way through, with an intention that is so much harder to unearth when the browser is up and the iPhone is pinging and we've got si_ conversations rolling in at once, that is an art form that does not fall down to the Goliath of "get faster," no matter how many social networks we might join. We still clutch close these letters to our chest, to the words that speak louder than loud, when we turn pages into palettes to say the things that we have needed to say, the words that we have needed to write, to sisters and brothers and even to strangers, for far too long. Thank you. (Applause) (Applause)














